Join us for the third annual CommuniCon—a conference featuring interactive workshops and sessions by and for communications professionals from across campus.
Communication and human nature expert Celeste Headlee will kick off this year’s conference with a keynote on 10 Ways to Have a Better Conversation. Headlee is an award-winning journalist and author of the books Heard Mentality and We Need to Talk: How to Have Conversations that Matter. In her 20-year career in public radio, Headlee has interviewed hundreds of people from all walks of life and has learned the true power of conversation and communication.
This year, we are asking attendees to preregister for specific sessions in the morning block time slots. The same three options are available for each time slot:
- Roundtable 1—Social Media Group Therapy
- Roundtable 2—Promoting Your Stories to the Media
- Workshop—Social on the Go (registration limited to 15 people)
You can also choose to leave a morning slot open to browse our Vendor Fair or stop by the Office of Communications and Marketing Help Desk.
Afternoon sessions include:
- UT's 225th Anniversary Celebration
- Measuring Success
- State of the Media
- Show and Tell, powered by PechaKucha (a few spots are still available—if interested in presenting, email email@example.com)
Thursday, July 18 at 8:00am to 5:00pm
Student Union, Ballroom
1502 Cumberland Ave. Knoxville, TN 37996