Nancy A. Humphrey's Institute for Political Social Work's Campaign School for Social Work
Kate McClernon-Chaffin, Associate Professor & Online MSSW Program Director, and Julie Franks, lecturer in the Online MSSW Program & recent DSW graduate, are excited to announce an exciting training opportunity supported by one the grants from the #UTCSW Social Justice Innovation Initiative. The Nancy A. Humphrey's Institute for Political Social Work's Campaign School for Social Work is coming to the Nashville Campus on September 26th and 27th.
This exciting two-day training event will:
- Train over 50 UTK College of Social Work students and alumni
- Teach participants to run a winning political campaign
- Offer exposure to career paths in political settings
- Build valuable leadership and advocacy skills
- Stress the importance of social work values in policy work
The Campaign School for Social Workers - now in its 23rd year - has trained more than 1,200 participants who have gone on to run for elected office, work for elected officials, volunteer in campaigns, and serve as advocates for social change. We can't wait to see our Vols become involved in policy work!
Thursday, September 26 at 8:30am to 12:00am
UT College of Social Work Nashville Campus 193 Polk Ave Suite E, Nashville, TN 37210