Safe Zone at UT: Tier 3 Sessions
Safe Zone at UT is an optional educational workshop series focusing on:
- Basic language and terminology related to gender and sexuality
- Awareness and understanding of the intersections of gender, sexuality, and other social identities
- Skills to intervene in situations of discrimination and injustice
- Knowledge about LGBTQ+ resources available on UT’s campus.
Safe Zone is open to all current faculty, staff, and students at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. At this time, we are unable to offer our sessions to the Knoxville community or non-UT affiliated organizations, groups, and departments.
After participating in Tier 3, session participants will be able to:
- advocate for LGBTQ+ populations by analyzing a situation and providing resolutions to issues based on sexual orientation and gender identity
- express greater empathy and confidence in how to support LGBTQ+ populations on campus
Participants must pre-register via Zoom for their assigned dates at: tiny.utk.edu/safezone
Wednesday, December 7 at 1:00pm to 3:00pmVirtual Event