Strategic Implementation and Leadership in R&M "Boot Camp" (for implementers at all levels)
The Strategic Implementation and Leadership in R&M Bootcamp course is for any person planning, implementing or leading a reliability and/or maintainability initiative (small or large). It is also for individuals or teams that are struggling with implementation of R&M at the plant floor, team or organizational level. The topics, discussions and exercises covered will build on proven R&M concepts (for any type of company) and quickly get into business excellence models, life cycle asset management as a strategy, risk management, understanding continuous improvement and culture for success, top quartile KPI’s, and strategy & planning for R&M, Part of the third day will be focused on tying it all together in a review of course learning and developing your roadmap towards enabling R&M business excellence. This course assumes that you understand the basics of some R&M tools/technologies/methodologies (RCM, uptime improvement, basic metrics, reactive to predictive maintenance effort, CMMS, planning & scheduling, MRO spare parts, and so on). It’s about knowing how to utilize R&M as a competitive advantage. More specifically, knowing what allows you to compete, what defines your level of competitiveness and what allows you to win.
- Why R&M is critical to your operational success-key concepts
- What leaders should know to enable R&M excellence
- Reliability of people, process and product= reliable and stable operation = safe and cost effective operation
- Life Cycle Asset Management
- R&M Business Excellence models
- Justifying R&M initiatives
- Maximizing ROI with R&M
- Knowing what:
- Allows you to compete
- Defines your level of competitiveness
- Allows you to win
- Best Practice Key Performance Indicators
- Using R&M to move to Top Quartile KPl’s (safety, productivity, asset utilization, OEE, inventory, culture, cost, etc.)
- Understanding Continuous Improvement and impacts of an engaged workforce
- Managing the R&M culture
- R&M Levels of Maturity
- Knowing where you are and what next
- Understanding the KPI to Maturity Level relationship
- Strategic Planning for R&M
- Developing your R&M Roadmap
Dr. Klaus M. Blache
Dr. Blache has over 30 years of experience in various areas of manufacturing and continuous improvement (processes, products and people). Included are areas such as lean manufacturing, reliability & maintenance, competitive analysis, continuous improvement tools & techniques, new facility planning and implementation, industrial engineering, ergonomics, and change management. In the past seven years he has visited/worked with about 200 facilities and has written and lectured globally in numerous technical and management areas. Klaus is currently at the University of Tennessee as the Director of the Reliability & Maintainability Center and Research Professor (College of Engineering). Prior to that, his most recent corporate assignments were Manufacturing Engineering Director (Cadillac), Engineering Launch Manager (new assembly plant), Global Manager of Manufacturing Reliability & Maintenance, and Manager – Corporate Industrial Engineering for General Motors. His experiences include implementing large changes and sustainable continuous improvement all around the world, developing a Corporate R&M process and global implementation, plant assessments/benchmarking and numerous related assignments. Klaus is also a past Chairman of SMRP (Society of Maintenance & Reliability Professionals).
Note: 2nd Instructor may be substituted based on availability and is utilized based on number of attendees.
Continuing Education Credits Included
Format: Public Course
Hotels Near class: Click here for more informations
- Eastwood Lansing Town Center Mall (North of class location – many restaurants)
- Okemos Exit 110 on I-96 (East of class location – several reastaurants)
Included in the fee are all course materials (Bootcamp Workbook, The Relativity of Continuous Improvement book by Dr. Blache), snacks and refreshments.
Click Here for more information on the R&M Implementation Certification Program.
Thursday, August 15 at 8:00am to 4:30pm
Lansing, Michigan, Suite 200 500 E. Michigan Ave., Lansing, MI 48912