VOLS ACT Bystander Training for Graduate Students
VOLS ACTive Bystander training is designed to equip graduate students with the skills to recognize and respond to sexual harassment.
Based upon recommendations from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine Action Collaborative on Preventing Sexual Harassment in Higher Education, this training includes:
- a comprehensive review of sexual harassment behaviors,
- a review of the effects of sexual harassment in the academies,
- an overview of the role of an active bystander,
- the opportunity to apply the role of active bystander in real-world scenarios to “Acknowledge the Situation, Consider Your Options, and Respond Appropriately,” and
- ideas for creating a respectful and positive departmental climate.
Wednesday, April 7 at 12:00pm to 1:00pmVirtual Event